In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The role technology plays in rewiring our sense of time, place, and mental space
- What does success look like at the end of the day
- Using your body as a resource over your mind
- Discussing the effects of dopamine depletion and decision making
- BLM movement and the social space
- Introducing “Nature of Work”, a fundamental tool for cultivating daily habits
25.49 – The goal is to become nobody
33:04 – Do your decisions align with who you are
40:01 – How much has technology really rewired our brains?
56.40 – The role of social in BLM
1:17:02 – What is Nature of Work?
Steve Rio is a visionary entrepreneur, futurist, and musician based on Bowen Island, BC. He is the CEO and Founder of Nature of Work, and the host of NOW with Steve Rio, a podcast that explores what it means to live a good life. Steve is an expert in performance and wellness, team culture, values-based organizations, future of work, remote and distributed teams, and technology. His gift and passion is helping people realize their full potential and expand their awareness, consciousness, and compassion.
Steve is a 15-year veteran in technology, brand and organizational strategy. As Founder and CEO of Briteweb,a social impact consultancy delivering strategy, design and digital, his focus was on building the world’s most flexible, engaged and efficient company, bringing together the best talent from all over the world.
Since day one, purpose, values and culture have been foundational to his leadership approach. This has created a vibrant team culture that is deeply committed to one another and to the causes Briteweb supports through it’s work.